Is Happiness that Difficult to Find?



A song has made me thoughtful. And it makes me wonder, is happiness too difficult to find??
Everyone i see around has problems, are lost, or lonely, or numb, or worst, bitter.
Remember what they say, everyone has problems. Its how you deal with them that makes the difference! Well, my generation could surely use some healthy examples.



Crossroads are what we face, an optimist may call it another opportunity to choose the path we want to tread.
Most of us that is, there are some whose parents still wouldn't leave their necks come on guys!! Why do you want to be blamed by us for the rest of our lives if anything goes wrong!). And then there are those who have things decided for them since a good amount of time (those lucky fellas who got the branches they like or have dreamed of going for a particular profession since time immemorial and are on their way).
There are some with fathers controlling scores of industries, they don't need to worry, they think.
That leaves the kiddos like me, who are, if you could say, a bit lost!



Crossroads, getting back to the point.

I wish like Frost i could say:
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference


Less traveled, ladies and gentlemen? In my country, there are too many rats running all the time, i think hardly any road's less traveled!



"What do you want to be after all, if you are ruling out MBA also??", my family asks me.
I reply with the same dreaminess of the 7th grade me, "Astronaut".
I wish they'd taken it a tenny weeny bit too seriously then.
Anyways, the Mirror of Erised can drive one crazy, remember Professor Dumbledore said that?



But that's not the point. The point is, why are so many of us unhappy??

None except few in my class of Chemical Engineering are satisfied with what they have to study (or should i say, cram?).
Why?
We didn't get a very good rank, and we didn't know anything, all we knew was we need a good enough college. So voila! Now what, play kabaddi with the college??
Our parents wanted the best for us, they think on a particular level, something i guess is continuing from the post-British India, get a white collar job, and you are settled for life. That's what i guess is said out there, Indians can adjust with anything, why, yes that's how tough we are, are we not? Thats perhaps what was thought two years ago, 'interest nai hai toh kya hua,bann jaayegga'.
L o L.
But okay, absolve parents and Britishers, its okay,forgive.
Blame the system, that way you blame everyone and no one at the same time.



That was my branch. Ask the ECE lot, and my sources tell me none of them are enjoying it either.
WHY ON EARTH did they waste themselves for two years then???????
So that they could take pride in telling the neighborhood aunties that they've got ECE, the so-called best branch? DUH!!

Why is everyone unhappy?? Is it that difficult to find, or rather, choose HAPPINESS??

I say MBA is the only feasible option, but i get a weird feeling when i imagine the future. Money et al, not my glass of cold coffee!!
(Okay now, i shouldn't crib so much, i might be ending up with the above mentioned option only!:p)

And, and , and, guess what?!
I'm not the only one!!
Or have i developed this uncanny talent of spotting the souls like me?!?!?!?!?!

All i want is an aim, but where is my dart board??
All i want is peace, but where is it hiding?
All i want is to be a good child of God, but why is it not so simple?
All i want is to be happy and grateful
For that is my aim, that is my peace, that is my Lord.
The pleasure it will be, smiling and bringing smiles.
Loving and being Loved:)



What i don't want is an illusion, that's the worst that can be.
Compromise, fine we all have to. But why convince ourselves that we are fine and on top of the world? Or, is it a mandatory part:/

Can we not make a new road now, Dear Frost??
All my friends saying this and this is the only feasible option, can we not CREATE another one?

Money has gone a lil down the priority list(for some, at least). We are going back to the olden days, doing what we like, or rather, WANTING to do that.




I am just saying that the train of thought should not be lost, the one which says we were sent down here for a purpose, realizing what it is and doing our best to accomplish it is our unfaltering duty. It'll always be. Accept it. Or bury it deep down. But take my word, every time it'll raise its voice again, as its supposed to, you won't really like anything, anything...

Too long a post, the few readers i have are going to run away i'm afraid:p

Anyways, the hopeful kiddo i am at times (and i do LOVE that)i just wish the day will come soon, real soon, when i'll close my eyes, think of Hrithik's beautiful green ones and finally sing:
Der lagi lekin
Maine ab hai
Jeena seekh liya
Jaise bhi ho din
Maine ab hai
Jeena seekh liya...










Comments

  1. This has left me speechless.....!!!

    May your genius (and luck as well!) help you realize all your dreams!

    May all the choices that you make,and the roads that you take, bring you success and satisfaction.

    God Bless. All the Best. Parveen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts