Yes, I'm a woman...


...and God created me physically weaker (comparatively)than His other creation, but i don't blame Him or anything. He is a perfect Creator, and i have full faith in this.
But because of this physically-not-being-as-strong-as-men-on-a-general basis fact, me and my entire race (yes, i'm referring to us as a race) have seen a number of things since the beginning of time.
Though there are some contradictions about the creation part.
Some say we were created from a man's rib.
Some say the entire universe came from a woman.
I am not creating technical troubles here, just voicing my thoughts (thats what blogs are for, right?)
Personally, i like to believe the story that we are souls, a part of the greater soul, separated and divided, hence looking for the completion which will come upon meeting our soul mate.

Yes, I'm a woman. I wouldn't say i respect all the cultures(i don't know everything, about everything!), but i would say, i don't disrespect any. I have learnt that we are not in a position to pass any judgement about any issue until and unless we know a lot about that issue, which is rarely the case.

Yes, I'm a woman. As far as i've heard, i'm not really welcome here on this earth. Though some blessed people may view me as an angel, their aunts or grandparents may not. But i think this is all created by humans, for my Creators consider me as their child, and they love me no less. But the humans got a bit, ummm, stupid, i would say, and they started thinking that if i'm physically weaker, i'm weaker, and they started loving me a lil less,a lil more less, a lil further less.....yeah.
But i'm still a creation of my Creators, who love me a lot:)

Yes, i'm a woman. Every month, i menstruate. It is even called the monthly 'curse'. Can you imagine, being told that you are cursed every month? Well, since i've been EMPOWERED with the ability to create, like the Creators, an organ inside me, my uterus, gets ready over and again, for a major part of my life for the creation process, and gets rid of the unwanted tissue if the process hasn't taken place, to prepare once again for the same. You think its dirty, tell me not to worship during that time. You say females can't be priests because of this. You say its wrong to talk about it in public, or even cook food, if you are really great. Why, because i can Create?

Yes, I'm a woman. I just read an excellent quote by Gautam Buddha today, who said nothing, absolutely nothing is to be believed, until it agrees with one's logic. Some things just don't agree with our logic, but we are told to not question much.
I'm not a rebel, a bad girl, i really love God, so don't quieten me that ways. I'm just a woman.

Yes, I'm a woman. Fellow beings of mine are trying to get up, show you some facts. Somewhere i feel they are inevitably gagged at some point of time. Mostly, they sacrifice a lot. But you wouldn't really get it, since you are, literally, incapable of that.

Yes, I'm a woman. Just that. I'm not a man hater. I'm only a humanity lover.

Yes, I'm a woman. You say the woman was fooled by the serpent and she ate the forbidden fruit, and made the man do so. I really don't know what to say to this. I don't even have the complete knowledge, and wiki wouldn't tell much in comprehensible terms.

Yes, I'm a woman. You say i'm by default bad at math, disastrous at driving. Well, you deprived a large number of my ancestors of such things, so maybe the X chromosome got a little bit affected. Don't worry, we are repairing the damage, just like you are learning cooking and cleaning.

Yes, I'm a woman. I really felt bad on thinking eunuchs came to celebrate my baby brother's birth but not mine. I want celebrations on my birth too. I'm created by the same Creators.

Yes, I'm a woman. I read a book, about past lives. It didn't say that the gender remains same in all the births. Respect me for my soul, and respect me more for my body, for its my souls's temple. Maybe you were a woman in your life. I wish you could remember it feels the same, being human, that is.

Yes, I'm a woman. You say i play with your feelings. Play with your heart. Don't generalize, please. After all, i don't generalize you as beings who'll eventually prove they think i'm only my body, then disrespect even that.

Yes, I'm a woman. I'm dominated a lot, forced to do a lot of things i don't want to, only because i'm physically weak. I am waiting, for one day you'll realize physics aren't everything. Even Einstein agreed to this, really!

Yes, I'm a woman. You say i can also ruin you. Yes, please realize my potential. Don't put it to test.

Yes, I'm a woman. You say 5 of me are bad. Seriously, with only 5 of you good, are you really in a position to comment?

Yes, I'm a woman. I'm quite opposite to what you are. Thats how i've been created. Thats how the balance is maintained in this universe. Yin and Yang, heard of it?

Yes, I'm a woman. I'm a being. Mind Body Soul. Why particularly in my case you see only the body? You appreciate me if i'm beautiful. If you are angry at me, you'll take it out by saying something about my physical appearance. Seriously, try talking to my mind and soul. You'll see there's a lot more beauty than that meeting the eye.

Yes, I'm a woman. I hate to say this, but you couldn't even develop foul language on your own. Next time you use BC or MC as a figure of speech, imagine yourself doing it to your own sister or mother. I'm disgusted, maybe you'll also realize there are words to replace those. Seriously, do some justice to the mothers and sisters of this world.

Yes, I'm a woman. Overly sentimental at times. Making mistakes ( but i have as much right to do that as anyone else, so don't point fingers at me). Loving you. Caring for you. Wanting peace. Destruction of the taboos. As many things as you may say about me, i will look at you in your eye (something you seem to not really like, for reasons unknown to me) and say, 'Yes I'm a woman. You are INCOMPLETE without me'.

P.s Okay, just an expression of my feelings. Don't say i'm a pessimistic to not look at the good things happening around. Just too passionate to get rid of the bad ones. They still continue. Their measures may be small for argument's sake, but they still remain wrong. Right?

P.p.s I just watched the movie Khuda Kay Liye, proved to be the last straw on the camel's back. Took out a number of things i wanted a talk about since a long time.
Really sorry if my thoughts don't match with yours, or were offensive in any manner. They are thoughts. I might be wrong. I might be right. I am not that stubborn and egoistic, since i'm a woman ;)

Comments

  1. What a comeback :-)
    Keep writing more!
    Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankiu so much:)
    keep dropping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved it. Absolutely amazing. I am recommending this as a must read for all my girlfriends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully crafted! Loved every bit of it Tamanna!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i Loved it!!! ur thots r totally logical!! n i go wd dem!! n i love being a woman!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts