Scribblings

From my terrace I see hundreds of rooftops in that sphere of vision I have,
Hundreds of stories, thousands of people they hold.
That new one being constructed will hold new birds,
Happy to finally have an abode they call their own.
What, I wonder, is going on beneath those roofs, behind those windows?
Some witnessed a flicker of life a few moments ago,
Others have waiting eyes behind them...
Is there a number, just how many eyes?
Loving eyes, desperate eyes, sad eyes, happy eyes...numb eyes...
We all think we have to live for ourselves, make place for ourselves under this sky...
I listen to Chris Martin
Somehow it always cheers me up when he says look at the stars, look how they shine for you...
I look up, sad, bcz there are no stars out tonight...
But then I look at the clouds playing hide n seek with the moon...
Humanity, why don't you understand we are together in this?
The moon is playing with the clouds for all of us,
The stars will shine for all of us...

Comments

Popular Posts