Things On My Wishlist


There is an old man who is always sitting on a bench at my colony’s entrance. He has some stuff around him, a blanket and a cloth bag.

What does he do during the day, I wonder?

Is there no family left?

I wish an old age home would invite him in. Or that he makes friends...another old man, perhaps?

They could talk and discuss the lives they had and what has become of the world...

We all need a motive to live...what is his motive, I wonder...

Most of all, I wish I would summon the courage and talk to him one day...


Tell him he resembles my maternal grandfather...Listen to his stories and sit beside him...


****************************************************************************



There is a little boy who sells momos outside my company. He has such sweet eyes, such sweeeeeeet and innocent eyes, I almost always end up eating momos when I look into his eyes.

And I guess he also knows that.

I wish he would go to school.

And there are two or three brothers who roam in that area asking for alms.

I befriended one of them once, it was like meeting an old friend whenever he came asking for coins.
(We also shared carrot juice once ;) )


I wish all of them go to school.

Or I wish the company employees would take out an hour and teach them the basics.

For instance, reciting the table of 2 would be rewarded with two rupees from all the employees taking care of that group and so on.
(Okay, 10 rupees for the table of ten would be their lottery day :D)


****************************************************************************




We do desperately need education. Education for the adults, education for the children.

We cannot really aim much if the person we are trying to help doesn't want to be helped.


****************************************************************************



I also wish that people would stop being judgmental.

The fuel for a lot of negative energies is generated because of bitterness, I feel.

When you are bitter inside it becomes a lot easier to ignore that little voice inside your heart that says you are doing something wrong.

You just do it, say bad things that hurt someone, crush someone’s self respect.

Just because you officially have an authority does not entitle you a licence to do wrong.

God is watching us. Isn’t it better if we behave like good children and make him proud?


****************************************************************************



I almost wish I could be less emotional. It is not a very comfortable situation, eyes full of tears after having read an article, while you are at your seat in the office.

Tears because you are missing someone, tears because it is the full moon, tears because people are not good people, tears because you are not strong enough, tears because you saw the negativity dominating today, tears because the cafeteria lady has such a sad look on her face,  tears because you woke up and felt like crying.

But well, it is not that you have much of an option.


Something I read somewhere,

“It is okay to be emotional. Being emotional gets things done” :)


Comments

Popular Posts