Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams



Back in the last month of college (gosh, I cannot believe almost an year has passed since then), I had the opportunity of reading this awesome book, the Last Lecture, by Randy Pausch.
Pausch was a computer science professor and had terminal cancer.
So he kind of gave this “final talk”, and decided to call it “Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams”.
He said we should never let go of all those dreams we had as a child.

Fulfilling of those dreams will bring us a satiation like nothing else. And also, when we fulfill our own dreams, we can help others in fulfilling their dreams.
I have lately realized the importance of this. You can spread happiness only when you are truly happy from the inside.

What are those dreams you have had since you were a little little kid?
Dreams whose impressions you can find by searching your hard disk?

Here are some (SOME) of mine:

1. Going to space or being associated with NASA
Nothing has ever moved me more than space. Those visuals of all-so-intelligent teams sitting in control rooms and cheering up when a mission was successful brought tears into my eyes for the longing of wanting to be a part of them.
2. Discovering nuclear fusion
As soon as I learned about the nuclear fusion process and the fact that we humans have not been able to tame it enough to produce useful energy, I had this dream of discovering a solution for the same.
I even read the extra chapters in the help books which were not supposed to be read in the hope that all of a sudden my mind would have its eureka moment if I fed in enough information.
3. Being a prodigy
I guess my brain has sufficiently proven its limited tiny prowess. And you cannot exchange the one you get. Maybe God will consider my appeal for the next time ^^
I will just read something and remember it forever and find solutions to the problems people can't even comprehend. HA.
4. THAT Dress
That pink and lavender off-shoulder gown with flowers and pearls I used to keep drawing. Ah.

5.  Being a good child of God
The oldest and the most consistent of all my dreams. Still musing about how you can be one.


Also, Childhood dreams are different from a bucket list, I guess.
You make a bucket list when you are more conscious about the world and the existing practicalities.


Also also, don't rains just have a WEIRD effect?

They just multiply my already infinite emotions to an extent that they become impossible for a normal human mind to handle. (Yeah, I have superpowers that ways. Yayyy.)

Also also also, doesn't the term "mixed feelings" just exhibit our lack of courage, our clinging to the practicalities even when we can sense fantasies?

Mixed feelings towards love, work, anything and everything in life?

Know what you like but also know what is convenient?


Is balance an excuse, or the key?

And like all answers of the universe, isn't it just upon us?

Someone said the the word "BELIEVE" has the word "LIE" in it.

I reasoned that the word "LIE" has "I" in it. 

It is all upon you, I think.


I wish sometimes I could think less. 

But it gives you wings, if you know the correct orientations. SO I should be okay with it.


I'm not very adventurous, but metaphors hold;








 

Comments

Popular Posts